Washing machine is one of the common household equipment nowadays. Families are upgrading their lifestyle by purchasing one of the different washing machine types. Well, we can’t blame them because washing machine brought a lot of convenience to their lifestyle.
Choosing the right washing machine types are also important for laundry businesses. But it will depend on the setup of their shops.
Let us review the different washing machine types. Let us also weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each type.
What are the three different washing machine types?
Front loading washing machine
- Good for washing many loads of laundry
- It can accommodate bulky items such as comforters
- Wash cycle uses significantly less water than other types
- It has a high-speed spin
- It has an advance technology
- Some models have a steam feature
- The machine itself is very expensive due to its advance technology
- You have to bend over to place and reach for your laundry
- Can sometimes have a bad smell if not cleaned properly
- One time washing only – Once it is filled with water, you can’t open it anymore because the water will spill out
It is very good for large items. Its cost is about 50,000 Philippine pesos.
One load capacity is about 20 pounds or 9 kilograms. Some models are available with a classification of semi automatic and fully automatic.
Top loading washing machine
- More affordable than the front loading washing machine
- You don’t need to bend over when fixing your laundry
- You can add some more laundry if you forgot a piece of cloth somewhere
- If you want, you can wash another batch of laundry without draining the water
- It has a shorter wash cycle
- It has a minimal vibration because of its orientation
- No bad odor because water can be drained properly
- The control panel is much easier to understand
- Lower cleaning performance than front loading washing machine
- Cannot accommodate large comforters because of its agitator
- Some units or models do not have an agitator
It is more affordable and convenient. Its cost is about 40,000 Philippine pesos.
One load capacity is about 15 pounds or 7 kilograms. Models are available with a classification of semi automatic and fully automatic.
Portable washing machine
- It is very affordable
- Very easy to operate
- Very convenient because you can move it around easily
- Good for small family use
- Can be easily damaged when used excessively
- For small loads only
- Cannot wash large clothes
- Low cleaning performance
- Needs more water
Good for small families with 4-5 members. Its cost can be as low as 5,000 Philippine pesos.
One load capacity is about 12 pounds or 6 kilograms.
Tips when buying any of the different washing machine types
- Look for quality control marks and certificates.
- Buy only those big, trusted and well-known brands to ensure the quality of the equipment.
- Consider if there are service centers near you.
- It should have a warranty period.
- Length of warranty period depends on the brand you have chosen.
- Know your budget and needs.
- Look for energy rating or energy-saving guide.